Monthly Archives: January 2012
What’s your vice? You know that mine’s the illusion
It just hit me. Procrastination is just another fancy word for being in denial. And being in denial or running away is sort of my ‘expertise’.
Overdue paper works, just because I don’t see the reason for it or that it takes too much time.
My NY resolutions not penned on paper yet. The real reason is that I haven’t figure out what I really want in my life. Yes, I know it’s time to grow up. Work towards my career, build a stable bright future. No honeymooning. No more mopping about life injustices. No more crying over spilled milk of past wrongs. But am I ready to face myself? Am I ready to come out from the little hole and battle it out again? Am I ready to admit defeat and and summon the courage to try, try again?
Writing all these down, I just want to crawl under my sheet and disappear. But I know I can’t. It is time to grow up. I’m in the perfect place and time to make the change. And I know, if I continue in this path that I am on right now…. I will be the thing I feared most about growing old. Lifeless eyes staring at nothingness.
I want to say that this blog will be the written history, my story. But short-span enthusiasm is another of my ‘expertise’. Well, it is time for a change. So hopefully it will not be in this case.
So my 2012 resolutions or plans?
Plans has been made. So there is a path for me to walk. It is up to me to build up the determination and start walking, leap if I must.
- Save money, reduce my credit debts. Future plans need money. A LOT of money.
- Conquer my first mountain. Mt. Kinabalu Challenge here I come….end of April.
- Studying and taking the primary exam in October. All talks about OS is useless if I just keep talking. It will be a big and expensive hurdle for this year. And it had to be done….. THIS YEAR.
- Stop procrastination? Stop denying? Stop running away? As lame as this may sounds, just be awesome
- Start and finish my little pet projects i.e learn to play the guitar, read books that I bought few years back, model buildings, etc etc. At least start it, and make some progress with it.
- Start a scrapbook on Africa. If I’m gonna make that trip happen, it needs planning.
- Continue blogging. There are way too much memories lost with time. Maybe start a little photo scrapbook?
- To complete these 7 plans.
8 resolutions for 2012. Lucky number 8.
Guess that’s it. Goodbye, apathy.